Tuesday, May 3, 2016

March 28, 2016

Hello family!!! I love you all so much! It seems like a year since ive emailed you all. A lot has happened and a lot has changed in my life and its just sooooo crazy i dont even know where to start. Ill start with the flight. It  was so legit because we were able to walk out on the runway to walk on the plane. I took somepictures so hopefully ill be able to fugure out how to send them. The plane was semi small. The flight was an hour and a hald long and I just talked to Sister Jube and Sister Woodard the whole time about our district. I love them and miss them so much! We then went to the mission presidents home which is right on the beach! Oh how much I love the beach! haha His home is on the top floor and has a huge window looking at the ocean. I couldnt stop staring at it. But it kinda sucks that Ill havve to wait 2 years to go swimming in the ocean. We went through some orientation stuff and tehen met our companions. Elder Souza from Recife. Hes pretty legit. Hes a convert from 14​ and has a strong testimony. Hes been on his mission for 4 and a half months and Im the first Elder that he has trained. He told me that he didnt want to train anyone, especially an american so that made me fell good. haha But he is a good example to me most of the time. I´m serving in Tapoã in Vila Velha. Our house is super tiny and kinda falling apart but i cant complain. Were living with another companianship, Elder Gabriel and Elder Farreira, both Brazilian. None of them speak that good of english so its kinda frustrating when i want to say something but cant cause no one will understand me.

When i left the ctm i was really confident with my Portuguese but when I got to the field it´s a whole nother story. Everyone says that i speak amazingly for only being out a few days and i agree with them but I want to be fluent already. I beat myself up cause I cant understand everything but i just need to realize that its only my first week and i cant expect that much yet.
I can definately see improvement everyday. the first day I couldnt understand basically anything from myy companion. He has a pretty strong accent which is kinda like a lysp but today I can understand almost everything. Also yesterday at church a whole lot of people complimented me oon my language skills and when I ltold themi was only out for a few days they were pretty impressed.
I love my area. Its a very humble area with houses that are stacked on each other and verry close together. the roads are only wide enough for one car. This place is definately a whole new world. Seeing everything here makes me realize just how blessed I am to live in the United States and have all the things I have.

The weather here is amazing! The same everyday, Super hot and humid. I didnt put  on sunscreen the first day and was burnt as red as a tomatoe... It was pretty embarrassing. I sweat like crazy everyday and its awesome. I go through clothes really fast.

there is so much on my mind I cant even think of what to say. But I love you all so much and I miss you all. This week sure has been a test but Ive grown so much from it.
Since me and my companion are both new in our area, we spent most of las week getting to know the members and finding new investigators. We found some really promissing people to teach. Wanderson (18) and Emilly (15) are siblings and they both excepted to be baptized but were hesitant on a date. They went out of town this weekend so hopefully well be able to talk to them tomorrow. Im getting better everyday at teaching. WE teach the restoration the most cause everyone is newthat we teach and the spirit is strong everytime. I always share the first vision cause I have it memorized and I can definately feel the spirit testifiying that it is true. I just hope that the investigators can feel that too. I know this church is true without a doubt and this week has definately strengthened my testimony substantually. I love you all sooo much! Até Próxima semana.

Com Amor,
Elder Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment